عنوان مقاله [English]
Nowadays, on the beginning of the third millennium, the settlement of human beings as a dominant phenomenon is growing in a way that urban revolution has appeared as a recent topic. It is predicted that future population growth will mainly occur in urban areas particularly urban areas in developing countries. Although cities and urbanism are one of the most important indicators of welfare and socio-economic development, the rapid growth of such a phenomenon can reduce the per capita possession of many social and economic facilities. This might lead to a decrease in life quality in different urban areas. For example, in many urban areas of the developing countries, unemployment and social issues are growing while the environment and health situations are in decline. Similarly, inequalities in income and access to public services are growing and more poverty, vulnerability, and despair have started to be observed among urban residents. Thus, the issue of urban life quality was one of the first topics that attracted the attention of urban experts during the 1930s. As a result, more efforts were made to improve the quality of human life. The sudden growth of cities in Iran had caused different problems in cities that have experienced large influenced urban life quality in different ways. Kamyaran city is not an exception to the rule as life quality has undergone different changes in this city, as well. Therefore, in this study, we tried to investigate life quality in Kamyaran city using VIKOR technique. Accordingly, it was tried to answer the following questions: (1) Is the economic indicator more effective in improving the life quality of Kamyaran residents? (2) Are life quality measures in a desirable state in Kamyaran City?
This article in terms of target is applied-developmental and in terms of method is descriptive– analytical. The theoretical framework using documentary method, library and review of the literature related to the quality of life in its different aspects and factors affecting the quality of urban life. We designed questionnaire in both subjective and objective, with economic, social and physical indicators and a total of 15 items to measure the quality of life. In the second part, using Cochran sampling frame, and random quota sample of 381 items, we calculated the population from the ages 22 to 54 years old. The people were collected and distributed and Cronbach's alpha coefficient was introduced in SPSS. The reliability alpha was 0.713 that confirms the reliability of the questionnaire. Then, survey method was used to complete the information. To provide economic information with the statements of income, household expenses, rent and land prices in addition to the questionnaire, interview technique was used and the same people are asked to enter numbers. The next step is to complete the information and calculate the physical neighborhoods; the study was a comprehensive plan for the all of the city. The data from this information and questionnaire were averaged to be considered as the primary matrix. Finally, we used Vikor techniques to determine the weights and dimensions used by entropy method and to determine the final ranking of quality of life in city neighborhoods.
Discussion and Results
In VIKOR technique, based on the calculated Qi values, options and result decision-making, there are some differences between neighborhoods. It is notable that in Vikor technique no matter how much Qi is less than the number of components. It is one of the major differences between these models with other models in the ranking. The following table shows the results of ranking places in the Kamyaran city. The results show that Pir Mohammad 1 neighborhood has the best situation of life quality and Shahrake-Be’ssat ph.2 has the worst situation based on the comparatives.
Table 1. Kamyaran City neighborhoods VIKOR ranking
Pir Mohammad 2
Pir Mohammad 1
Life quality is one of the basic indicators to express and represent major development in every society and country. Awareness of the quality and quantity of life for community planners and politicians can contribute to revision and improvement in a variety of designs and development programs. Knowledge, study and comparison of life quality indicates, measures and comparative over time in any society whether living conditions improved over time or is depressed. This is one of the most important criteria in assessing the situation using the multi-criteria decision-making models and techniques (MCDM). In order to improve the quality of life in the Kamyaran city, we presented the following suggestions:
In the economic dimensions:
- Rely on the abilities and talents in economic urban areas by the public and private sectors;
- Orientation, socio-economic development plans to solve the problem of unemployment and creating new employment opportunities;
- Identify and make planning for deployment of human and material resources as well as their qualitative and quantitative improvement;
- Optimal management and regulation of urban lands and housing and also prevent speculation;
In the Physical dimensions:
- Use the views of citizens in the city of plans and programs;
- Fix problems, and distribution facilities in the city;
- Create and manage city streets by the people themselves;
- Develop green spaces and improve the quality of urban parks;
- Strengthen the network of relationships, trust and a sense of reciprocity in order to facilitate individual activities or social collaboration based on real relationships, shared norms or values;
In the Social dimensions:
- Targeted action at policies promoting and social capital;
- provide further context, to social participation of citizens in the realization of urban development plans;
- Analyze and identify segregation of minority groups to better understand Characteristics of ethnic, religious, linguistic and social behavior.